Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Art by Danette Haser






My good friend and musical partner of many years, Danette Haser, is FINALLY having an art show to showcase her amazing talent. Opening night is this Sat, Sept 5 2009 from 10pm to midnight at 7 Stages Theater in Little 5 Points, ATL.

Free so come by and check out the artwork. There will be a DeeJay set by Brian James and live music from our good friend Kathleen Lynch (NYC), oh and beverages also. Come out and support Danette and her art.

Here is a little bio thingy:

"My name is Danette Haser and I have been drawing all my life. I am
basically a self taught artist, having only taken a few art classes in
college but not being able to follow the professor's direction. I quickly
abandoned any thoughts of continuing with art classes, but I never stopped
drawing.
I follow the voices in my head and where my hand leads me. I find my
inspiration in the end of life: road kill, the useless, and unusual. Fear
and obsession. As much as darkness leads me, so do children, animals and
life. My daughter is a new inspiration to me with her curiosity, brightness,
and positivity. Fairy tales and magic. Conflict and contradiction. I
desperately seek balance through my art. In the newer drawings, I'm
starting to use a little color where as in the past the color hurt my hands.

My other creative outlet has always been music. I have been a singer for
the bands Pineal Ventana and Victory Girls, and I am currently singing with
AkuYou and yet to be named project.

Thank you for letting me share my work with you."

Art by Danette Haser
Sat Sept 5th
10pm - Midnight
7 Stages Theater Little 5 Points
FREE

No comments: