Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A Few Mp3's for the Week

I thought I would post a few mp3s from some bands i have been turned onto over the past few weeks.


First up is UUVVWWZ from Lincoln Nebraska. I found them on RCRDLBL.com which is an awesome site for upcoming, signed and unsigned artists. Lots of free mp3s.
Anyway UUVVWWZ are a mix of jerky pop, female vocals with dancey grooves. Hmmm, who to compare them to, let's see maybe a bit of Pre, mixed with deerhoof, Uzeda without the heavy guitars. If you like what you hear they are releasing an album july 7 2009 on Saddle Creek records.
Pre-Order Here
Stream or download Shark Suit below




Next up is Push-Pull from Bloomington IN. They have a new album coming out June 23 2009 on Joyfulnoise Recordings. I would describe their sound as noisy rock reminiscent of 90's AmRep bands. I really like the music here but I am not a huge fan of the vocals. It's not that they are bad, they are just not that original or different.
Mp3
Buy Here

No comments: