Friday, May 01, 2009

Can Can ... Another Atlanta Band


Photo Rob Jones


Can Can is a band out of Atlanta who play fairly straightforward rock/punk/garage. They seem to be getting a lot of write ups based on the fact that one of the members is Jewish and he makes a point to talk about it in press and onstage. Whether or not that matters is totally up to you.

This is from their myspace blog:
"JEWS IN BANDS LISTEN UP!
If your Jewish and in a rock band, please read this...
I (Patrick from CAN CAN) am putting together a compilation CD of rock bands featuring Jews from the USA and Israelis.
This is a totally non-profit, DIY thing. I want to promote the kind of music that I like.
If you have any interest, just email me: *******@yahoo.com
-Patrick "

As far as the music goes ... nothing new here. But, the songs are catchy and will get your foot tapping at times. Listening to a few tracks in a row give me the feeling of being 15 again, going to shows at the Metroplex and not having a worry in the world.
Boreska Mines is a standout song for me which really takes me back to mid 80's punk that I used to listen a lot to.


UPCOMING SHOWS

May 9 2009 8:00P Highland Ballroom Lounge ATL
May 16 2009 9:00P K Street Tullahoma, Tennessee
May 30 2009 9:00P Israeli Defense Fund show @ The Drunken Unicorn ATL
Jun 27 2009 1:00P Corndogorama (East Atlanta Village) ATL


Buy Full Length All Hell
Myspace
In Like a Lion Out Like a Lamb Mp3 over at Last Days Of Man on Earth



No comments: